Our Chiropractor in San Diego Provides Auto Accident Injury Treatment
Dr. Carrie Roeder is proud to be your chiropractor in San Diego CA who offers natural chiropractic care for people looking for auto accident injury treatment. Read on to learn about what to expect with her help and what type of injury you or a loved one may be facing after a car crash.
Common Car Crash Injuries
As a car accident chiropractor in San Diego, Dr. Roeder has evaluated, diagnosed, and treated a wide variety of car crash injuries, including some of these most common ones:
- Neck pain and back pain: often caused by inflammation and damage to muscle fibers, tendons, or ligaments, and/or disc herniation/bulges and joint subluxations (misalignments)
- Whiplash: a combination of neck and shoulder pain and stiffness, as well as additional symptoms like headaches, mental fogginess, and jaw pain; caused by whip-like movement of the neck
- Shoulder pain and hip pain: direct or indirect damage to muscles, nerves, blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, bones, and joints in these areas can cause stiffness, swelling, and pain
- Nerve impingement (sciatica, radiculopathy): if a joint moves out of place or a disc bulges or herniates, a nerve can become pinched, leading to symptoms like numbness, tingling, pain, and weakness in the innervated limb
These conditions can range in severity and presentation. If left untreated, they can become chronic. Interestingly, these injuries may not even show up right away after your accident. It's this reason we strongly encourage everyone (from infants to seniors) to meet with a chiropractor for auto accident injuries screening and treatment.
Types of Auto Accident Injury Treatment
Our San Diego chiropractor is experienced in providing several types of effective, drug-free treatments to help people recover from an auto accident injury. If you or a loved one come see us for care, you may receive these and other services:
- Chiropractic adjustments: our San Diego chiropractor uses gentle yet firm manual pressure to "adjust" the spine using a variety of specific chiropractic care techniques; these have been shown to restore normal joint movement/alignment and "reset" the nervous system, thereby reducing pain and accelerating healing
- Massage therapy: increase circulation, reduce muscle spasms and pain, and relieve mental stress
- Corrective exercises: prescribed specifically and progressively to promote better healing, endurance, and strength of affected muscles
- Physiotherapy: our non-invasive modalities (like ultrasound and electrical stimulation) stimulate healing, pain relief, and anti-inflammation at the cellular level
Contact our San Diego Chiropractor Today